Founded in 2002, Blue Vista is a leading real estate investment management firm focused on developing long-term relationships, serving our investors' interests, and delivering consistent performance to our investors and partners through rigorous academic and research-driven investment processes. To date, Blue Vista has executed transactions valued at over $9.0 billion in total capitalization across the major property types and markets in the U.S. on behalf of our Middle Market, Lending and Student Housing platforms.
The SVP Client Capital position is a senior capital raising role that will report to the Chairman and Co-CEO of Blue Vista and be responsible for building and managing Blue Vista’s client base. The role is focused on expanding and maintaining key client relationships, identifying and building new investor relationships, developing and executing investor outreach strategies, and representing the Blue Vista brand as a senior professional and industry expert at events.
Responsibilities/essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Drive capital raising for Blue Vista products by identifying, building, maintaining and maximizing the overall relationship with existing and potential new investors including but not limited to, pension funds, endowments/foundations, insurance companies, HNW individuals and consultants.
· Act as the lead relationship manager for Blue Vista clients/products to ensure effective outreach and achieve capital raising targets; pro-actively cross-sell the firm’s products as applicable.
· Develop and execute effective investor outreach campaigns by conducting client analysis, with the goal of expanding the firm’s identity and product profile to develop opportunities beyond traditional institutional capital sources (e.g. foreign capital, wealth managers, etc.).
· Attend meetings independently as required and articulate Blue Vista’s investment strategies; prepare Investment teams for client meetings/presentations and accompany the teams as required.
· Understand key competitors and position the firm’s products effectively; provide guidance and feedback from investors on market standards.
· Give new business presentations and client review presentations independent of senior management to qualified investors.
· Promote the Blue Vista brand in a variety of capacities designed to raise the identity and attractiveness of the firm and its products through industry conferences/events, i.e. PREA, and at prospect/client-sponsored events.
· Supervise mid-or junior-level Client Capital team members in client relationship management and understanding the broader real estate market relative to Blue Vista’s investment strategies.
· Contribute to the Client Capital efforts to improve investor communications and marketing efforts, strategies, policies and practices.
· Contribute to the enhancement of the Blue Vista culture through regular contributions in recruiting, on-boarding new employees and firm team building activities.
· Proven track record of capital raising from, and maintenance of effective relationships with institutional investors. 15+ years of experience in and a deep knowledge of financial markets with 10+ years of experience with institutional marketing and client service
· FINRA Series 7/63 preferred
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
· A firm knowledge and command of real estate investing and the Real Estate industry
· Ability to oversee, advise and mentor associate/VP and SVP level team members in capital raising investor relationships
· Well regarded, household name in the marketplace with market visibility; noted speaker; notable list of completed capital raising assignments
· Strong relationship builder and communicator who can engage with firm leaders
· Flexible and able to multi-task and set priorities in guiding people and processes
· Ability to manage multiple initiatives and tasks
· Experience/understanding of a variety of functions including acquisitions, asset management and portfolio management, client relations/marketing/capital raising in a real estate private equity environment
· Excellent computer skills and the ability to adapt to new technologies
Top Six Defining Skills________________________________________________________________________________
· Ability to establish trust and relevance with prospective investors
· Ability to be conversant on the needs of all client types and BV investment offerings
· Ability to lead any client or prospect meeting
· Able to lead the Client Capital team members to prepare for all client and prospect meetings
· Ability to find and court new prospective clients
· Able to lead the closing of capital raising assignments with minimal assistance
- Investment Management
- Investor Relations
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.