As Nike builds their Consumer Direct Offense, a new company alignment that allows Nike to serve the consumer personally, at scale, the Nike North America Real Estate team seeks a candidate who will revolutionize key real estate strategies to deepen our consumer connections by leveraging the power of digital, driving growth, accelerating innovation and product creation moving even closer to the consumer.
As a futuristic thinker, the Real Estate Operations Manager will be instrumental in establishing and executing the real estate strategy for Nike North America Direct and the Affiliates, Converse & Hurley. You will provide real estate operational excellence and consistency by providing expertise (tools, communication and processes) necessary for the business to grow and expand into new and existing markets and improve profitability with an emphasis on innovation. You will focus on strategic market reviews through market mapping, pro forma modeling, market optimization by partnering with wholesale, strategic planning and finance and partnering closely with the Nike Direct business teams. You will report directly to the Sr. Director of Real Estate & Store Construction, and work to create best practices with your cross-functional partners.
You will have responsibility for coordinating the submissions and review of materials for monthly Real Estate Committee (REC) meetings; driving the creation, implementation and management of new store pipeline standards and processes including tracking and KPI measurements against budget; elevating business case and pro forma financial templates, models, projections, guardrails, historical data and deal approvals; setting strategy for and coordinating agendas, outcomes and next steps for REC and Fleet Reviews; driving and supporting the development of new communication and project management tools for store pipeline and construction tracking and approval. You will do this with an obsession for meeting the needs of our consumers.
- Drive and lead the analysis, strategy and prioritization of key trade zones based on market potential, capacity and sales forecasting.
- Manage the compilation of door and market data for GIS/Geospatial data analysis and strategic execution.
- Analyze, interpret and forecast shopping center and retail traffic trends.
- Align cross functional teams on strategy to support expansion plans and projected sales and profit.
- Drive and manage the overall pipeline and site selection process.
- Coordinate and enhance the financial models and business case decks for REC approval.
- Oversee the bi-annual Fleet review and monthly REC approval process for new stores.
- Set the standards for and influences the work-stream processes between lease acquisition, finance, lease administration and store construction.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or closely related field, and 3-5 years' relevant work experience in real estate management.
- Post graduate degree is preferred.
- Experience working for a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company or navigating a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and to run financial models.
- Proven experience in effectively working with senior leadership.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, work autonomously, be results-oriented and work within a team.
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
- Research/Market Analysis
5+ to 7 years