Summary of Position:
The Asset Management Associate will be responsible for maximizing the performance of the company’s national multifamily investment platform of garden-style, mid-rise, and high-rise properties across primary and secondary markets. The Associate will be an integral member of the Investments Team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with multifamily asset management duties including financial modeling (primarily Excel based analyses), project management, cash management, client reporting and property valuation analysis.
- Provide operational guidance, financial oversight and consultation to 3rd party property management, marketing, and leasing personnel based upon the strategic plan with respect to each property.
- Ensure assets are being operated in a manner consistent with the project’s business plan, joint-venture operating agreements, and loan documents.
- Manage and monitor property-level capital projects and value-add initiatives.
- Prepare investor, lender, and internal reports on an ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis in Excel to analyze trends and/or property metrics and assist with special projects, as needed.
- In conjunction with the 3rd party property management team, establish the annual budget (capital and operating) and business plan.
- Act as a company representative and point of contact with lenders, institutional investors, vendors, and contractors.
- Provide and update sell/refinancing/hold analyses on portfolio assets.
- Assist, as needed, with the underwriting, due diligence, capital markets and closing processes of acquisition opportunities and the property sales of dispositions.
- Bachelor’s degree – real estate, finance, or accounting.
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years multifamily acquisitions/asset management experience with an owner, investor/operator.
- Highly organized, detail oriented with the ability to work independently balancing multiple projects.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines are essential candidate attributes.
- Must have an awareness and understanding of project goals and ability to develop and monitor specific plans.
- Able to read and interpret financial statements.
- Ability to work individually or on a team.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Yardi and revenue management systems like LRO and Yieldstar a plus.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job