Real Estate Asset Manager
This position reports to the Director of Real Estate Investments and is responsible for managing and monitoring property investments. As a key member of the investments department, the Real Estate Asset Manager will contribute knowledge and perspectives and will assist in the management of the overall real estate portfolio.
- Strong commitment to APFC’s vision and its shared values of integrity, stewardship and passion
- Self-motivation and very strong sense of personal and professional integrity
- Intellectual curiosity and excellent attention to detail
- A belief that great outcomes come from great teams; a demonstrated ability to collaborate well in a small collaborative team environment
Perform regular and comprehensive due diligence; monitor, document and analyze property investments.
- Assist Portfolio Manager with active asset management initiatives at all properties with a commitment to preserving and enhancing long term value.
- Assist in the evaluation of external manager recommendations for operating budgets and multi-year capital programs
- Provide recommended improvements to real estate oversight to Portfolio Manager to build efficiencies and effectiveness of overall program
- Perform internal asset management functions in conjunction with Portfolio Manager, with particular focus on multifamily properties
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a business or related quantitative field.
- Advanced degrees are preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of asset management experience
- Strong technical writing and effective presentation skills
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added, removed or changed at any time with or without notice.
AAP / EEO Statement
APFC provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all. APFC follows all applicable Federal and State laws and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other class protected by law.
REAL ESTATE OVERVIEW
The Alaska Permanent Fund Corporations real estate portfolio is primarily direct ownership of real estate in the U.S. and Europe. The real estate portfolio is invested in 100% ownership interests, as well as joint venture partnerships. Some JVs are in 95%/5% structures or 50%/50% co-controlling interests in sizeable property investments. The remainder of portfolio is comprised of roughly $700m in fund commitments.
APFC Real Estate team looks for opportunities to control decision making from acquisition to final exit including execution of asset management decisions through the hiring of all key onsite teams, as well as external advisors with the aim of improving operational effectiveness and enhance value. APFC has three fund investment managers with European and Global property mandates, as well as $250m in debt strategies.
APFC currently allocates 12% of the total Fund to real estate assets. The portfolio is currently underweight its target and is looking to expand its opportunity set by investing both domestically and internationally. Some notable properties in our portfolio include Tysons Corner Center in McLean, Virginia and The Glades, located in the London Borough of Bromley. For more information about the Real Estate portfolio visit .
To apply please visit
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years