Metroplex Management is currently seeking a Property Controller to join our South Brunswick team. This on-site position is responsible for the overall accounting and financial reporting for an assigned portfolio of multifamily properties. Strong understanding and application of Yardi software is required. The candidate will work closely with the Management team in recording, reconciling, and auditing accounting data. The candidate is expected to be creative, willing to take initiative, and should have the ability to multi-task.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for producing and preparing all monthly and annual financial reporting of the real estate portfolio, ad-hoc management information reports and to provide account analysis.
- Perform both cash and accrual-based, cradle-to-grave accounting including but not limited to revenue recognition, account reconciliations, accounts payable, prepaid expenses, business income taxes, and debt management and reporting for the assigned portfolio.
- Cash Management for the assigned portfolio: monitor cash balances, prepare cash projections, and track inter-company accounts for borrowed funding.
- Online banking (wires, cash transfers, and ACH payments).
- General security deposit oversight including tracking of security deposit payments, allocations, and refunds.
- Manage and coordinate employee time tracking and payroll.
- Coordinate and assist in accounting for tenant receivables and migrating the information to the General Ledger.
- Collaborate in the preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecast updates.
- Review financial procedures and make recommendations to improve efficiencies. Areas include, but are not limited to accounts payable and receivable management., month-end closing cycle, and the financial report production cycle,
- Ensure that business licenses, personal property tax returns, real estate tax information requests, and any and all other regulatory filings or industry surveys are completed accurately and filed timely with the appropriate jurisdiction or entity.
- Act in compliance with Management Agreements, Loan Documents, Partnership Agreements, Governmental Agencies, etc. as directed by Ownership.
- Any additional requests, duties, tasks, or assignments requested by the Management team as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- YARDI Voyager Software Knowledge
- Must have the ability to manage multiple demands concurrently in an organized manner
- Microsoft Office Suite of Products with a strong emphasis on Excel modeling and spreadsheets
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- 5+ Years experience in YARDI Property Management Software, in particular Yardi Voyager
- 5+ Years multifamily real estate accounting experience
- At least 5 years of related experience with a proven track record is required
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Bonus: Discretionary and based on site performance
Our associates enjoy a friendly working environment, and opportunities for professional growth within the company. Competitive Salary and Benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
This job is no longer active.