The Dermot Company The Dermot Company is an owner, developer and operator of luxury multifamily properties in New York City and the Southeast, with over $2.5 billion of assets and over 3,5000 apartments under management. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit, team-oriented focus, and commitment to providing best in class service to our residents. Job Description The Director of Facilities Management is a high-energy position requiring a multi-talented and accomplished individual. The Director of Facilities Management will oversee all aspects of building infrastructure and systems to ensure safe, proper and energy and cost-efficient operations for a portfolio of twelve large multifamily assets and growing, all within New York City and predominantly within Manhattan. As part of the Operations team, the Director of Facilities Management works closely with the individual properties and the corporate operations team to ensure overall portfolio success. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementing process and procedures, including the retention of consultants, to reduce energy costs portfolio wide
- Implement and monitory compliance with sustainability initiatives proposed by external consultants
- Create facilities management manual and checklist as part of larger Preventative Maintenance Program
- Evaluate vendor contracts across the portfolio to determine appropriate scope and pricing
- Stay abreast of all city, state and federal regulations that impact portfolio assets
- Oversee clearing of violations portfolio wide
- Oversee process of obtaining final COs where necessary
- Establish companywide standards for safety and professional appearance at properties
- Provide technical support and guidance to property management staff on complex engineering issues, preventive and predictive maintenance, safety training and best practices for safety, emergency preparedness and response, and capital project planning and execution.
- Manage the relationship with the third-party employer of building staff
- Indirectly manage all on-site resident managers and building staff, including employees employed by a third party
- Create job descriptions and work flow responsibilities and utilize productive tools to effectively manage on-site teams.
- Evaluate building systems and processes upon acquisition of assets
- Participate with property management teams in the development of property budgets for capital expenditures, maintenance, and repairs.
- Conduct Engineering Operations Reviews at selected properties on an annual basis to assess operational performance and compliance with company standards and operational best practices.
- Create and implement plan for emergency response management
- Create RFPs and manage the contractor prequalification, bidding, and selection process for large repair and maintenance projects
- Evaluate compensation, bonus/incentive plans, hourly costs and benefit programs for all on-site positions.
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressive experience and responsibility in a facility maintenance field.
- Prior experience in high-rise facility management, community management or governance is desired. LEED accreditation is a plus.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations, standards and compliance with policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the building, the environment and workplace safety
- Knowledge of construction and building maintenance skills and systems
- High standards and the initiative as well as ability to coordinate team efforts.
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Ability to multi-task, have strong attention to detail and be well organized in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills
- Solid and consistent work history with excellent references
- Team oriented, self-motivated and a positive attitude
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Facilities Management
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job