The Finger Companies, a national multi-family investment builder since 1958, is seeking a Multifamily Construction Manager.
Candidate must have:
- Significant experience with the bidding, buyout, and construction management of and wood-framed steel and concrete structured apartments;
- Proven record of accomplishment of managing projects and field personnel to ensure on-time, on-budget results;
- Ability to work with the project team to ensure complete construction documentation and specifications;
- Manage the bidding, buyout, and subcontract negotiations as General Contractor for all aspects of the work;
- Demonstrated ability to work with and understand complex construction documents, contracts and laws including architectural, civil engineering, structural engineering, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, landscape, and others;
- Manage design-build subcontractors through design and construction;
- Experience with Timberline or other industry job cost accounting systems a plus;
- Conduct value engineering and constructability analysis;
- Produce conceptual estimates based on schematic plans;
- Communicate clearly written/verbally with senior management;
- Maintain industry knowledge for current best practices, construction costs, and products.
Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
Position is based in Houston, Texas.
Minimum experience: 5+ years in a senior construction position with a developer and/or general contractor.
$150k base + strong bonus and benefits.
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job