When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you'll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As the Managing Director of Fund Management, you will execute on behalf of the Fund Management team within a specific region to interact with various fund investor / partners in portfolios and support key investment management issues. The Managing Director provides fund considerations as input to major decisions (acquisitions, reviewing and approving asset management, disposition recommendations). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports advancement of vehicles portfolio to raise and deploy capital for purpose of creating value for investors to generate sustainable profitability
- In addition to discretionary funds, oversee select strategic separate accounts, including leading annual meeting process and governance for these specific accounts – under the guidance and support from Senior Managing Director (SMD), Fund Manager
- Directly accountable for specific number of vehicle(s) and/or AUM at direction of SMD and Geographic CIO
- Responsible for strategic asset management recommendations for his/her vehicles at the direction of and coordination with the SMD – including portfolio construction considerations, vehicles considerations/recommendations for the allocation process, and acquisitions
- Support the management of the liquidity of fund and provide input necessary to respond to investors
- Provide fund considerations as input to major regional asset management decisions including major tenant changes, dispositions, and other asset level decisions – helping ensure critical information is disseminated between the Geographic CIO team and in-region teams
- Support analyses that inform and ultimately advise how capital is raised and deployed while acting as a fiduciary and advocate for investors' interests
- Openly and constructively collaborate with regional business generators and asset managers on decisions related to fund assets
- Potentially supervise a small team of associates and analysts. Carry out supervisory responsibilities to promote the development of the team, with responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, training, reviewing performance, and resolving key issues
- Serves as a caring people leader, supporting people development and investing time for coaching and feedback
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in business, analytics or quantitative streams
- MBA, other advanced degree and/or CFA designation preferred
- Eight to ten or more years of related experience, particularly with Private Equity Real Estate in a Strategy, Portfolio Management, Distribution or Consulting Role, and ODCE/ Open ended core real estate experience
- Ability to understand and articulate portfolio management concepts effectively
- Demonstrated quantitative skills and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated understanding of the global real estate market with a growing expertise in the specific region assigned
- Prior management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrable experience in managing and directing others in a cohesive team-oriented manner
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 214 cities in 24 countries. Hines has approximately $120.6 billion of assets under management, including $66.5 billion for which Hines provides fiduciary investment management services, and $54.1 billion for which Hines provides third-party property-level services. The firm has 128 developments currently underway around the world. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,348 properties, totaling over 444 million square feet. The firm's current property and asset management portfolio includes 512 properties, representing over 223 million square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
- Asset Management
- Capital Markets
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.