Investment Analyst General Summary: Support the Directors of Investments in the underwriting, due diligence, and closing of acquisitions and dispositions. Provide analytical support for reporting, budgeting, and approvals requests with the company s joint venture partners and the company s new development projects. Essential Responsibilities:
- Assist in underwriting and due diligence activities as well as in the closing of real estate transactions.
- Utilize Argus Enterprise cash flow modeling program for property underwriting and model property and portfolio returns in company s Excel models.
- Document changes in property underwriting and complete underwriting tracking forms to document the impact of those changes to the original WRI underwriting. Be available for meetings to discuss property related economics and describe the reasons for any changes in returns.
- Review WRI leases, lease abstracts, tenant recovery summaries and accounting reports for discrepancies compared to the WRI underwriting and partner reporting.
- Work with WRI departments (leasing, property management, construction, accounting) following property closing to ensure a smooth, timely transition into WRI s system.
- Collaborate with accounting, leasing and property management departments on operational issues for monthly, quarterly and annual partner reporting.
- Underwrite assets in support of disposition reviews and strategic planning. Communicate and review offering memorandums received from brokers.
- Must have a strong comprehension of Microsoft Excel and Argus Enterprise.
- Solid modeling abilities, with a high attention to details.
- Must have a detailed understanding of retail lease terms and complex reimbursement methods.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present findings clearly and concisely, to both internal and external parties.
- Bachelor s Degree in Finance, Economics, Real Estate, or other related field is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience required. Preference will be given to candidates with real estate specific experience.
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
2+ to 5 years