Analyst – Multifamily Acquisitions and Asset Management
Employment: Full Time
Real Estate Field: Acquisitions
Location: Bethesda, MD
Acento is a real estate private equity firm that invests in office, industrial, retail and multifamily asset classes in select markets nationwide. The firm acquires and manages assets on behalf of a variety of investment vehicles, including private equity funds and private client accounts. The Acquisition Analyst will assist the Acquisitions Team with the firm’s transactions, financial analysis, asset management and market research functions, primarily related to its investment in multifamily assets on the eastern seaboard of the United States. All candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
- Financial and Property Analysis: Assist with financial modeling, underwriting and analysis of potential multifamily investment opportunities. This includes generating excel-based pro-formas complete with sensitivity and waterfall analysis, and interpreting rent rolls, income statements, offering memoranda and other property level financial and operating information.
- Transaction Management and Due Diligence: Assist in due diligence processes, both on-site and desk-oriented, connected with new acquisitions, including coordination of diligence processes, analysis of diligence materials and findings, interacting with third party consultants and stakeholders, and comparing due diligence conclusions with initial underwriting.
- Investment Committee Assistance: Assist in the preparation and presentation of investment memos to investment committee for deals under consideration.
- Operations & Asset Management: Coordinate with in-house property management team in the preparation of asset management reports and in analysis of potential acquisitions opportunities.
- Market Research: Conduct market research and analysis to evaluate economic, demographic and Real Estate market trends in connection with specific investment opportunities and the overall investment strategy. Collection, organization and analysis of sales comps, rent comps and other market data utilizing various resources.
- Pipeline Management: Coordination and management of Acento’s in-house acquisitions pipeline system, to include collection and organization of materials on deals under consideration.
- Bachelor's degree from a top tier University with a concentration in real estate, finance, accounting, economics or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a real estate investment firm, commercial mortgage banking firm, financial institution or accounting firm preferred. 2019 graduates with prior internship experience will also be considered.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel with the ability to create, modify and analyze financial spreadsheets and models. Proficiency in Argus and VBA a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and the ability to create effective investment summary presentations for executives and investment committee.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to comfortably interact with both in-house associates and outside contacts.
- Highly attentive to detail with the ability to generate high quality analytical insights using detailed data collection initiatives.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex and diversified work-streams in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter able to identify areas of need and the desire to take initiative.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team. A flexible team player who is dedicated and hard-working with an ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Understanding economic indicators as they relate to valuing multifamily real estate.
- Ability to recognize value creation potential and to create analysis resulting in approval of deals by investment committee.
- Nature of work requires ability to organize, communicate and exchange information as well as collect, compile, and prepare work documents while operating standard business office equipment.
- Work is performed in a general office environment.
- May require extended hours during peak periods.
- Some local and regional travel to see properties will be required.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Acento Real Estate Partners. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.
- Acquisitions, Financial Analysis, Asset Management
- 1-2 Years
All candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.