AVR Realty Company is a privately-held national real estate investment and development firm. AVR has built, acquired, and developed projects consisting of more than 50 million square feet throughout the country. AVR's portfolio includes hotels, shopping centers, apartment communities, and industrial properties. The current hotel portfolio includes over 40 operating hotels across all major brands. AVR plans to continue to strategically grow its hotel portfolio.
Job Description: Associate – Hotel Asset Management and Acquisitions
The Associate will be responsible for working with senior management and Hotel Asset Managers to optimize the performance of the hotel portfolio by focusing analytics. The candidate will need the ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. The Associate will be the primary point person for hotel analytics firmwide and will drive the build out an analytical framework for the hotel portfolio.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain monthly dashboards to review operating performance of the hotel portfolio
- Create and maintain financial models (in Excel) used for corporate forecasting purposes, acquisition underwriting, and analyzing various corporate strategies
- Coordinate with Accounting, Asset Management and Acquisition & Development groups in evaluating and processing property-level operating results and forecasts.
- Assess, develop, and implement value-enhancement opportunities for each asset in both operational and capital disciplines; this entails understanding the property from both operational and real estate perspectives
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all factors affecting markets and sub-markets associated with each property's positioning including but not limited to supply and demand factors, industry and local market influencing organizations and competitive properties
- Review monthly operating reports to help track operating performance, operating budget variances, and significant changes in the assets and their respective markets
- Assist in ongoing processes, including acquisition/underwriting/due diligence, financing and lender reviews, transactional readiness, capital expenditures recommendations/approvals, labor strategy, renovation design and construction, and brand compliance
- Participate in calls with operating partners for asset and market performance
- 2 – 5 years of hotel analytics/asset management/acquisitions experience (Select Service and Full service)
- Strong understanding of the Hotel P&L
- Experience working at a Hotel Management Company or large owner of Hotel Properties
- Strong financial modeling and finance skills – this will be tested in the interview process
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, writing and research skills
- Proven experience in analytics and desire to work with large data sets
- Extremely organized and data driven
- Strong work ethic, must be able to see projects through to completion (Owner Mentality), self-motivated, resourceful and proactive
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, effectively prioritize, and multi-task under pressure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance
Competitive compensation package based on experience. Excellent benefits and 401k with company match.
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.