Cottonwood is a vertically integrated real estate investment management company with robust in-house asset management and development capabilities. We are headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Boston and New York, with an AUM of over US$3 billion. Our private equity roots and extensive institutional relationships provide our investors unique access to superior real estate opportunities from equity positions to senior debt investments. Our leadership team has over 100 years of combined experience in structuring, funding, closing and developing some of the largest real estate projects in the United States.
We are seeking a candidate with strong academic credentials and experience in private equity real estate investment underwriting and transaction execution (equity or debt). If you are a successful professional interested in further developing your skills in a creative and entrepreneurial environment, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
The Associate role will be based in Los Angeles working closely with the senior professionals to underwrite and execute investment opportunities. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Due diligence, including analysis of entitlements and environmental issues, construction budgets and schedules, financial projections and appraisals
- Developing cash flow models and valuation analyses
- Assisting in the development and documentation of transaction rationale and investment strategy, including preparation and presentation of all investment memoranda and investor presentation materials
- Reviewing transaction and capital agreements, including purchase and sales agreements, joint venture agreements, loan agreements, co-lender agreements, asset management agreements and development agreements
- Facilitating pre- and post-closing transaction processes, coordinating with legal counsel, appraisers, auditors, consultants and other deal service providers
- Managing the review of investment / capital funding requests in coordination with third-party consultants, loan servicers and other service providers
- Monitoring the performance of existing assets and the compliance of investees / borrowers with the terms of transaction agreements
- Maintaining financial projections for individual assets; analyzing management accounts and financial statements and reporting on variances
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports to investors or capital providers
- Strong academic credentials from a top-tier institution
- 3-7 years’ experience in private equity real estate investments (equity or debt)
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting; excellent analytical/modeling skills
- Exceptional business writing skills
- Strong work ethic and highest ethical standards
- Investment Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.