Trimont Real Estate Advisors, LLC is a commercial real estate services firm, which has been providing asset management, loan servicing, due diligence and customized advisory solutions to commercial real estate lenders and investors for over 30 years. We are a trusted partner to clients in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
The Credit & Asset Management team is seeking a Loan Operations Team Leader to manage and lead a team of Analysts, working with one of our valued clients on a diverse portfolio of commercial real estate loans. The Loan Operations Team Leader will work collaboratively with our client to select, train and lead a dynamic group of commercial real estate financing and accounting professionals. The Loan Ops Team Leader will manage and provide support to 3-7 client representatives and act as a liaison and reviewer of third party staff responsible for overnight data input and documentation. He or she will provide oversight of the team’s work product, develop and mentor team members, and help implement new work practices while helping the team to grow and respond to change.
- Manage the team of Loan Operations Analysts, making decisions in areas such as team structure, division of work, balancing asset loads, and quality assurance functions
- Oversee the execution of and the quality of the Loan Operations team’s deliverables, such as validating monthly interest receivables as well as monthly interest expense payments, manage daily liquidity for our client’s platforms, overseeing pre-close and post-closing tasks, and support other ad hoc requests
- Work with our client’s servicers on any reconciliation discrepancies
- Manage data in our client’s systems and complete necessary workflow steps, using appropriate controls and governance standards
- Participate in the creation of borrowing requests and pay down requests as well as repo confirmation statements and other reporting required by repurchase or warehouse lenders
- Take responsibility for the initial review of portfolio activity at month-end
- Work across departments with the heads of our Treasury, Asset Management, Investor Remittance, and other internal teams to integrate our service delivery for our clients
- Take the lead on discussing, testing, and implementing change initiatives for the Loan Operations team, working in conjunction with Trimont clients
- Prior background managing, developing and leading teams
- Prior work experience with loan servicing and/or complex real estate financing structures
- Familiarity with data management and governance systems, ideally focused in portfolio trading/reporting. Familiarity with Anaplan or similar performance management software.
Experience with securitized assets, repurchase agreements or other warehouse financing documents
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or a related business field
- Experience with fixed income and derivative investments
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Strong written and verbal communication, and Microsoft Excel skills
- A thorough understanding of commercial real estate loan documents and terminology and general commercial loan servicing practices and standards
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Intermediate working knowledge of MS Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
Must be able to work with and communicate across all functional lines of the Company’s organization. Cooperation with other employees is required in achieving Company goals
Note: This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary. Trimont Real Estate Advisors is an equal opportunity employer, and we are proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace.
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.