is the premier anaerobic digester developer/owner/operator in the United States. Their closed-loop
anaerobic digestion process converts organic waste into green electricity or renewable natural gas
as well as other related “value added” products. They are headquartered in MA, funded by
institutional capital partners and currently, have projects operating and in development in
Massachusetts, Vermont, New York, Georgia, New Mexico, Nevada and Colorado. They have a plan to
aggressively expand into other domestic markets.
Our client seeks a Director of Development to be a leader in the development process from siting to
construction completion. The Director is responsible for a variety of project management tasks
including: the coordination and oversight of the architect and general contractor during
construction, interfacing with municipal officials, utilizing complex financial models necessary to
analyze the feasibility of development projects, creating investor/lender presentation packages,
permitting, and various development project management duties. The Director will also be
responsible for assisting in the preparation and tracking of project budgets and project proformas
to ensure that development projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and in compliance
with the terms of joint venture agreements.
The Director of Development reports to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Manage all development projects and related functions and activities
- Ensure project activities comply with company and contract requirements
- Oversight of day-to-day permitting
- Coordinate with and manage subcontractors
- Provide in house technical support for construction effort including participation in
construction planning; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution
and documentation of design conflicts, initiation and follow through
- Develop, implement and administer project procedures, budgets and other work controlling
documents, including designs, submittals, and schedules, etc.
- Represent company, project and/or department during investor, client and project management
- Maintain development models for each project, including sources & uses of capital and profit
- Interface with all company departments as required to resolve problems and ensure quality of
- Provide support of overall project schedule including coordination of field scheduling
- Serve as a mentor to analysts and development associates
- Other duties as required, including frequent travel.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in a related field
- Strong experience in construction, engineering and project management preferred
- Experience planning, organizing and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- BA/BS degree required
- Project Management
- Alternative Investments
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.