Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With over $500 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. MIM’s Real Estate Equity Group sources commercial real estate investments through seven regional offices in the U.S. and international offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago, and currently manages an equity portfolio of approximately $30 billion dollars.
The Senior Analyst will be a member of a dedicated team which will oversee development projects across the MIM Real Estate platform, teaming with regional generalist asset managers, regional architects, and analysts to drive proactive management of projects in a manner which results in consistent best practices across the organization, delivers projects on time and on budget, and ensures new developments are optimally designed and positioned for market and operational success. The role will include feasibility work and financial analysis of prospective projects and assist in monitoring the progress of development projects across the platform, with intensive focus on the land sites we currently own, and those projects which do not involve a third-party development partner.
The role will leverage the successful candidate’s experience and expertise in financial analysis, market research, project management, and communication/organization skills. In addition to providing support to the Co-Directors of Development, the role will be a resource to generalist regional asset management analysts to ensure best practices in the effective management of projects, whether managed in-house or through outside development partners.
- Support the Co-Directors of Development in conducting feasibility work and financial analysis and overseeing/monitoring/tracking all MIM Real Estate development projects, leveraging regional asset management and architectural resources, to ensure projects are properly underwritten and completed on time and on budget.
- Support the Co-Directors of Development to assist in proactively managing the development of land sites owned by MetLife as well as third party investment vehicles. Assist with feasibility analysis, design development, bidding and negotiation, value engineering, construction monitoring, pay request review, periodic reporting requirements, as well as engagement and oversight of key third party service providers (architectural, engineering, scheduling, construction management, etc.).
- Act as a resource to regional asset management analysts in tracking projects at all stages of the development process.
- Track and monitor progress of all development projects in the pipeline, to assist the Co-Directors of Development to address project level issues quickly and effectively.
- Assist in developing and marketing our development track record, including investment returns, teaming with RRA’s performance tracking team.
- Provide analytical support for new MIM businesses emphasizing development, including a possible build-to-core fund or separate account
- Assist in tracking and monitoring major renovation and repositioning construction projects within the investment portfolios, in support of building our value-add track record to support new MIM business initiatives in the future.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction science, architecture, engineering, or an applicable business-related field required
- 3-5 years of commercial real estate development experience with various property types
- Proficiency with ARGUS, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with MRI accounting systems a plus.
- Results orientated team player. Emphasis on communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- To post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
Number of Openings
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job