POSITION: Chief Operating Officer, Head of Real Estate
LOCATION: New York, NY
REPORTING TO: Owner
Our client is a medium-sized vertically integrated real estate investment firm with a commercial office portfolio in several markets.
Our client is looking for a Chief Operating Officer to lead the firm’s real estate management and day to day operating responsibilities.
- Train, manage and motivate a team of about 30 portfolio/property managers, construction professionals and building engineers.
- Provide a Class A experience to tenants in their properties.
- Establish processes & procedures that enable the firm to manage for institutional owners.
- Manage all Building Improvement and Tenant Improvement projects.
- Negotiate all vendor relationships and negotiate all purchasing and service contracts.
- Maintain and develop leadership in sustainable building management.
- Take on responsibility for the management of the firm’s portfolio.
- Oversee the controlling and annual budget process.
- Expand the firm’s network of contractors.
- Assist with financing, acquisition, disposition and investor relation activities as needed.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the real estate property management business.
- Significant commercial office portfolio/property management experience including several years in Manhattan.
- Relevant Undergraduate Degree.
- Strong moral and ethical values.
- Excellent analytical and logical reasoning abilities with critical attention to detail.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication in addition to effective presentation skills.
- Comfortable with multitasking and working under pressure.
- Ability to manage and motivate individuals and lead change within a team-oriented work environment.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.